Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Demolishing garage

Tony Hwang typed:

leza wang posted for all of us...
What i want is to put half concrete half wire type of fence . . ,
. . . ,
why I want half concrete, because the neighbor in the north of my
house, its land is higher than mine and the garage side right now
is working to block the rain water from coming to my house
directly, that is why I need to build the base of the fence from
concrete blocks.

Trying to block water flowing down the slope with any means is stupid
dumb idea.

Not necessarily, in my opinion.

From past posts, I recall that the OP had problems with water flowing toward
the back of the house and coming into the basement window(s). She was going
to do some regrading to help prevent that. And, the garage in the back may
now be helping to redirect water to the two sides of the house: 1) toward a
common driveway/access road that is next to her house and then down in the
driveway to the street in front of her house; and, 2) toward the other side
of her house (between her house and the one next door) to also run down
between the two houses toward the street in front.