Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default How do you sharpen kitchen fruit peelers?

On Thursday, July 10, 2014 8:46:11 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:

If you can get the edge to the vegetable, you can get it to a small stone.

The vegetable doesn't go where the stone has to go. Only the thin

peel coming off the vegetable does and it's a small, narrow opening.

Yup.

I used my wife's vegetable peeler to shape a piece of HDPE I needed for a project. You can't sand that stuff, it just fuzzes.

Then I tried to sharpen it before I sneaked it back in the silverware drawer.

Did not succeed. Maybe with a tiny file and a lot of patience? It's hard to get the right angle on it.