Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Demolishing garage

trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, July 6, 2014 6:16:08 PM UTC-4, Pico Rico wrote:
"leza wang" wrote in message

Hi I have an old flat roof garage which I think its roof going to fall

anytime. The roof has 2 big hols and it is too old. The center wood bar that

goes horizontally to hold the roof is broken and I managed to put some other

wood to hold it meanwhile. I am thinking to demolish this garage and not to

build a new one because building a new one is costly and I can not effort it

beside that my home is an older home so the new buyer will most likely

demolish it and build a new one. Anyway, I was thinking to demolish the

garage which is stand alone separate from the home and build a fence (L

shape fence to give privacy from the north and east sides neighbors - my

house is facing the south of the garage).

--------------------------------

Depending on the nature of your subdivision and zoning laws, if you tear

down your garage without replacing it right away, you may be precluded from

EVER replacing the garage. You better look into this.

+1

And I'd also look into the ordinances covering fences. In many places,
you wouldn't be allowed to put up one of those wire type fences on a
residential property. If I was the neighbor, I sure wouldn't want to look
at it.

Hi,
Are you talking about chain link fence? It is very popular in my
neighborhood being on the ridge looking down to river valley and
looking far away to the Rockies. We don't want to block our views.
It is legal here up to 6 ft. height.