Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default O/T: Bitch Bitch Bitch

On 7/9/2014 3:08 PM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
In almost every case I consider the big box stores to be in a far
worse location. I absolutely hate having to navigate and dodge
speeding traffic to get into or out of their prime high volume traffic
locations. I much prefer accessing the mom and pop location located on
a side street and or a much less traveled major through street. FWIW
in the example I mentioned above, proportionally the mom and pop
hardware store has a smaller percentage of open parking spots than the
local Borg. Some times you have to circle the block to give someone
time to leave and open a spot to park. Like the Borg, the parking lot
is probably bigger than the store What they do offer over the Borg is
better pricing and a staff that greets you at the door and have been
there for years.

We lost our True Value Hardware, which sat in front of Menards, to an
Aldi's,
and there is a Salvation Army where the last Ace Hardware stood.

That must have a terrible hardware store if a grocery store put them out
of business. ;~0..