Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Demolishing garage

leza wang posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Hi I have an old flat roof garage which I think its roof going to fall anytime.
The roof has 2 big holes and it is too old. The center wood bar that goes
horizontally to hold the roof is broken and I managed to put some other
wood to hold it meanwhile. I am thinking to demolish this garage and not
to build a new one because building a new one is costly and I cannot
afford it.
Beside that my home is an older home so the new buyer will most likely
demolish it and build a new one. Anyway, I was thinking to demolish the
garage which is stand alone separate from the home and build a fence (L
shape fence to give privacy from the north and east sides neighbors - my
house is facing the south of the garage).

What i want is to put half concrete half wire type of fence like these:

http://www.siffordsojournal.com/uplo..._area_fencing_

012-140406.jpg

Ugly and probably not permitted by gov't.

or

http://www.abbeylawn.net/wp-content/...mara-file-078-

150x150.jpg

Not as bad but still bad.

why I want half concrete, because the neighbor in the north of my house,
its land is higher than mine and the garage side right now is working to
block the rain water from coming to my house directly, that is why I need
to build the base of the fence from concrete blocks.

My question, who will do that to me? Fence companies or contractors?
because it is not only fence, it is building concrete base and also to

make
sure the grade of the garage ground is graded to let the water goes away
from my home.

Any help would be very much appreciate it. Thanks

This message has been cleaned by MessageCleaner.exe v2.17
http://www.RoundhillSoftware.com/Mes...aner?HFMdqUjAW

I would have a fencing or landscape contractor put the proper drainage
system in when installing the fence. See other posts about keeping the
garage, you may have no choice.

You may be able to place a earthen berm on your side of the fence to direct
the water to where you want.

Again, the concrete blocks are ugly...

--
Tekkie