Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default leaking bathroom sink faucet

On Wed, 9 Jul 2014 10:13:35 -0700, "Pico Rico"
wrote:

"Fred McKenzie" wrote in message
In article ,
"Pico Rico" wrote:

I have changed the washer several times, but it still leaks, and not just
drip now and then. Is there a seat that can be replaced? How do I tell?
don't even know what brand this is.

Pico-

Look inside the faucet when you remove the washer. If there is a square
or hexagonal hole, the seat may unscrew using a square or hexagonal
valve seat wrench.

If not, there is a tool that will reface the existing seat.
http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-i...w-to-repair-a-
faucet2.htm

yes, I am trying to remove and replace the seat with the valve seat wrench -
I can see it is "chipped". But it is not coming out. And my easy-out is
too short.

Soak the seat in a penetrating oil spray. Liquid wrench, et. al. Allow
it to soak overnight. Try again. Tap the tool, causing a little
vibration on the of the seat.

Take the seat with you to the plumbing supply shop counter guy that is
waiting on you. Say "Give one of these." How much :-\