Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Metal advice needed

On Tue, 08 Jul 2014 12:24:51 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 09:24:21 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
Mig is a lazy man's welder. Don't need to keep changing electrodes.
As
far as I can tell it has no other advantage for most applications.

Not needing a 240V outlet is a big advantage for a homeowner. Is any
other method as good for autobody repair?
-jsw

TIG. The joints virtually dissappear.

+1. A couple guys at Flynn's (Frame and Collision, where I wrenched)
could really TIG up a nice fender from discrete panels and make it
look 'factory'.

--
The goal to strive for is a poor government but a rich people.

--Andrew Johnson