Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry[_22_] Larry[_22_] is offline

Default UGH!

I'm sick of these box stores. They carry a billion things online, but
little in the store.

So you want to order a bathtub do you? Yeah, but I'd like to see one
first. Sorry, we don't carry it in the store. So you want to order a
faucet do you? Yeah, but I'd like to see one first. Sorry, we don't
carry it in the store.

Tile, or yeah, we can order that. You mean those little trim pieces
that actually go with the tile? Here, I can show you our money maker
accessories we sell.

What's up with the big orange? They constantly display online stuff,
that's discontinued? Hello, why show it on the website if you don't
sell it anymore?

Don't get me going about wholesalers and plumbing stores. They're
geared for the high-end user. Do they really need to display $6K faucets?

I sure do miss the little plumbing/hardware shops. Even the local
lumber yards _used_ to carry items not carried by the box stores.

If they want to compete, carry stuff the average joe uses. This
ordering stuff is for the birds. It comes in damaged or missing parts,
then you have to reorder. It's getting near impossible to schedule work.

Frustrated? Nah, just miss the good ole days.