Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Toenailing thru pressure wood

On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 21:43:17 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

nestork wrote:
micky;3257273 Wrote:

You can buy a 100' extension cord for less than the price of a good
cordless drill and the extension cord has lots of other uses too.

No, don't buy a 100 foot extension cord.

Buy three 25 foot extension cords and a couple of 10 foot cords
instead.
That way when you only need a short cord you don't have to bother with a
long cord.

If you plan to run 100' of extension cord, I suggest 12g, maybe even 10,
but probably not 14.

Of course, who needs a bunch of 25' 10g extension cords? Overkill in most
cases, but a good idea when you need 100'.

(Let the discussion begin!)

My point was that he can get to the farthest corner of his house and
probably his yard with an extension cord, that 100 feet is no problem,
and ftm for the small amount a drill uses, I'm sure 200 feet is no
problem. I assumed he already had shorter extension cords.