Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Battery life

"Ian Field" wrote in message ...

Aggressive pulse charging is spectacularly good at curing memory effect in
Ni-Cd cells -- my experiments with Ni-Mh were somewhat less impressive.

Motorola introduced a pulse charger for Honeywell Strobonar electronic-flash
packs back in the '60s. "Modern Photography" hailed it as a miracle -- it
could actually bring near-dead packs back to life, and significantly increase
the capacity of "wilted" packs.

Several years later, I asked Bert Keppler why the product had disappeared.
"Uh... the battery packs blew up too often."