Posted to alt.home.repair
anthony anthony is offline

Default Toenailing thru pressure wood

On Monday, July 7, 2014 4:45:50 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jul 2014 12:53:01 -0700 (PDT), Anthony

wrote:

I'm trying to toenail a couple of galvanized 2 screws. I am familiar with the process of sliding soap on the threads to make it easier to screw them in. I get thru with the points showing through but having resistance when penetrating the side pressure wood that I want to connect them to. The cordless drill just can't take it. I went as far as making a mark where it would enter if there were no resistance, with a drill bit. That didn't work... cause now, the top part of the screw met resistance. Is there a way that I could get this done without any snags?

Soap is something I used a lot more of when I didn't own a drill. Are

you using your drill only to screw in the screws, or are you drilling a

hole first, like you should?

I believe some people even drill small holes for nails.

Like I said in my OP i did get the screw through the bulk pw and a half inch ot the screw is showing ...my problem is getting that part of the screw into the other pw. I predrilled a hole there and now its a matter of holding the wood which is awkward, to meet that pre-drilled hole . In the meantime, the unthreaded part of the screw is not able to go through ..was I suppose to 'soap' that part too?