Posted to uk.d-i-y
Etaoin Shrdlu[_3_] Etaoin Shrdlu[_3_] is offline

Default Dimming an LED without wiring changes

Bob Eager wrote:
A bit strange, this but perhaps someone has an idea or two.

I've just installed a rackmount KVM at home. Very nice, far better than
the old Belkin one.

It has a green power indicator LED on the front panel which is FAR too
bright! The rack almost faces my desk, and it's dazzling.

I could just stick insulation tape over it but I'd rather just dim it
down a bit. I don't want to open the thing up, so any ideas? Semi opaque
tape perhaps (suggestions?)

Cut a square from the sticky strip of a post-it note? Similar to masking
tape, but if you don't have any to hand...