Posted to alt.home.repair
Pico Rico Pico Rico is offline

Default Toenailing thru pressure wood

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
Anthony wrote:
I'm trying to toenail a couple of galvanized 2 screws. I am familiar with
the process of sliding soap on the threads to make it easier to screw
them in. I get thru with the points showing through but having resistance
when penetrating the side pressure wood that I want to connect them to.
The cordless drill just can't take it. I went as far as making a mark
where it would enter if there were no resistance, with a drill bit. That
didn't work... cause now, the top part of the screw met resistance. Is
there a way that I could get this done without any snags?

Ok, just off the top of my head...get a better cordless drill.

or use a corded drill with enough oomph.