Posted to alt.home.repair
BobMCT BobMCT is offline

Default Ideas to remove middle decking boards?

On Sun, 06 Jul 2014 09:19:30 -0400, Chuck Finley
wrote:

On 07/06/2014 08:33 AM, dadiOH wrote:
I suspect you'll need something other than a router as the length of the cutting edge on bits smaller than 1/4 is too short to cut through the boards. That's true of all the bits I have seen at least.

Yah, amateur stores like McLowesDepot prolly doesn't carry long bits but MSC does.

http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/58535824

Well gents, I did have a 1/4" straight router bit and tried it. Set
the plunge to limit to the thickness of the old board. Sort of worked
OK. But out of frustration I tried my oscillating tool with a
straight wood blade. Cut almost like butter and I did NOT have any
issues with straightness. I simply followed the lines I had measured
and marked. Finally, as the old decking was held in with concealed
clips nailed into the sides of each board, I used my circ saw to rip
up the center of each board to come out all the way until it met the
perpendicular cut. I could then literally lift each side out from
the middle and discard. Whoa! quite easy and worked great.

Thanks for the suggestions.