Posted to alt.home.repair
harry k harry k is offline

Default How do you sharpen kitchen fruit peelers?

On Saturday, July 5, 2014 10:20:26 PM UTC-7, Handy Mann wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 21:10:03 -0700, wrote:

The time and effort to sharpen aren't worth the cost of new peelers.

Then why does anyone sharpen a chain saw blade with a file?

Or a knife on a sandstone?

Or a drill bit in a bench grinder?

Or a lawn mower blade with a dremel tool?

etc

Certainly sharpening is worth the effort.

You just have to have the tools and technique which is what the

guy was asking.

Because the items you mention are relatively high dollar items, need sharping often so the cost of the sharpening tools is worth it.

Buying tools to sharpen something that costs less than a couple bucks? No way.

I'm still using the same peeler I bought some 40 years ago and it is still just fine.

Harry K
Harry K