Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Id forgotton how beautiful the country side was.

On Sat, 5 Jul 2014 23:40:37 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Perhaps, some day, if and when you're more rational, we can discuss

this. You're bringing up gun rights in the middle of a debate about

heavy arms sales. You're one person who really needs that education,

Rob. Maybe get an anti-NRA rabies shot, too. You were foaming there

for a minute.

I don't have a personal position gun rights. I don't live in the US, so don't care very much about it. The UN Arms Trade Treaty was intended to stop developed countries from shipping weaponry to bad nations. It had nothing to do with domestic gun rights, but the NRA took it up for no logical reason, and you seem to support that they did. You need to educate yourself, friend.

I have educated myself on the UN. The disarmament treaty won't stop
where they reduce weapons of mass distruction. They want to take -all-
guns/firearms from -all- citizens of the world for all time, period. I
view this as a very bad thing. They should instead be trying to
reduce crime and criminals, not removing the tools which can, and are,
being used to -fight- crime. Reeducate yourself, friend.

From
http://www.un.org/disarmament/ATT/ :
--snip--
The Arms Trade Treaty

On 2 April 2013, the General Assembly adopted the landmark Arms Trade
Treaty (ATT), regulating the international trade in conventional arms,
from small arms to battle tanks, combat aircraft and warships. The
treaty will foster peace and security by thwarting uncontrolled
destabilizing arms flows to conflict regions. It will prevent human
rights abusers and violators of the law of war from being supplied
with arms. And it will help keep warlords, pirates, and gangs from
acquiring these deadly tools.
--snip--

How does this do a _thing_ to the massacres in Africa right now?
They're using machetes, not firearms, for most of the terrorism and
murder there.

I'm iffy on a few things the NRA does, but this is one stance on which
I'm firmly behind them. They're the #1 educator on firearms
worldwide, and that's A Good Thing(tm) to me.

--
The goal to strive for is a poor government but a rich people.

--Andrew Johnson