Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dimming an LED without wiring changes

Bob Eager wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

I suspect Win7/Win8 object to certain keyboards when connected via
the KVM.

I changed to Aten because I was having problems like that! I particularly
had problems with three KVMs, all of which were 2 way and had Win 7 on
one side and FreeBSD on the other. All three use ancient Model M
keyboards.

My problem started with a Dell keyboard with integrated smartcard reader.

At least it's easy to upgrade the firmware!

Mine's about 9 years old (CS1764 not even the A version), no firmware
published on the website other than what it arrived with, I did contact
them and they gave me a non-published link to a slightly newer version
which didn't fix the issue, I've gone back to a Model M keyboard but at
the moment it's plugged direct into the docking station.