Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Simple drawer glides - is this a bad design?

On 7/5/2014 8:26 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
Bill wrote in :

Google sold it to Trimble. Here is a download link:
http://www.sketchup.com/

I'm still running version 8. Has Trimble kept the software pretty much the
same, or gone and made big (negative) changes?

Most changes by Trimble have been 'under-the-hood' and barely noticeable
as far as 3D modeling/drawing capability from previous versions.

I have noticed an increased sensitivity to axis/plane issues, especially
with imported files (.dwg) that may contain "Layer" information in the
imported file.

But that is not necessarily a bad thing once you realize that this is
due to an increased, more faithful reproduction of the imported original
into SketchUp, and that "layers" are handled differently in CAD vs 3D
modeling.

What you make on the bananas, you lose on the grapes...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net