Chuck

Default Sharpening

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 20:21:20 -0700, "buckaroo"
wrote:

Does anybody sharpen their lathe tools on an arkansas stone, or does this
take entirely too much time? Seeing I sharpen all my knives on an eight
inch stone why not do my gouges and skews also. And, if it is possible,
just how long do you think it would take to do a 3/4 gouge???

Personally, I seldom grind and tend to do touch-up honing with a
diamond hone from DMT. Two of them, actually. I have a medium grit
bench stone and a medium and fine grit folding stone. I take a couple
of minutes with that and even my ASP 2060 tools are shaving sharp.

Arkansas stones are nice for knives, but cut entirely too slow for me
to want to try to hone my turning tools on them.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget