Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dimming an LED without wiring changes

On 05/07/14 21:05, Bob Eager wrote:
A bit strange, this but perhaps someone has an idea or two.

I've just installed a rackmount KVM at home. Very nice, far better than
the old Belkin one.

It has a green power indicator LED on the front panel which is FAR too
bright! The rack almost faces my desk, and it's dazzling.

I could just stick insulation tape over it but I'd rather just dim it
down a bit. I don't want to open the thing up, so any ideas? Semi opaque
tape perhaps (suggestions?)

fine brush and dab of paint?

--
Ineptocracy