Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Dimming an LED without wiring changes

On 05/07/2014 21:05, Bob Eager wrote:
A bit strange, this but perhaps someone has an idea or two.

I've just installed a rackmount KVM at home. Very nice, far better than
the old Belkin one.

It has a green power indicator LED on the front panel which is FAR too
bright! The rack almost faces my desk, and it's dazzling.

I could just stick insulation tape over it but I'd rather just dim it
down a bit. I don't want to open the thing up, so any ideas? Semi opaque
tape perhaps (suggestions?)

Similar situation with our router - that got a blob of white Blu Tack
slapped over it. Our cable modem got a light card "hat" that covers all
the excessively bright lights. Most other things, like electric
toothbrushes recharging, get the Blu Tack treatment. There always seems
to be plenty of light spread through the plastic layer to be able to see
whether the light is on or off - sometimes can't remember which light is
which, but that is another matter.

Have you tried Synergy or mouse without borders?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/m.../hh771098.aspx

--
Rod