Posted to alt.home.repair
DannyD. DannyD. is offline

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

Stormin Mormon wrote, on Fri, 04 Jul 2014 07:30:17 -0400:

Of course, doing your own hauling figures free
labor. I'd be careful doing water hauling for
neighbors, too easy to establish a dependance
relationship.

We help each other out, when we can.

In fact, a neighbor asked us to do an inspection of his
water supply, and we cheerfully did that for him.

We pitch in and all hike together roped on the hills.

I went hiking with the neighbors just today, and we were
able to cross the lake on foot for a shortcut cutting off
about 5 miles, but normally the lake is a half mile wide
or so of water. It's all just cracked mud now:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3839/1...2c44e8b9_b.jpg

The mud is still slightly wet, but, cracking fast:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3839/1...c4f15f0a_c.jpg

All the lakes are nearly dried up.