Posted to alt.home.repair
Gomez Gomez is offline

Default Whirlpool D/W model DU101SXTXS3 - grate removable?

On 07/03/2014 11:41 PM, Nelly W wrote:
On 7/3/2014 7:13 AM, Gomez wrote:
On 07/02/2014 10:11 PM, Nelly W wrote:
Are no modern dishwashers user-servicable anymore?

Most manufacturers no longer offer repair help because of liability.

Liability for what?
No, I seriously do need it spelled out for me.

Imagine a dishwasher with a leaky fill valve, wet hands, a wet kitchen floor, 120 volts and an ignorant DIYer.
What could possibly go wrong? Who would our crazy jurors blame and how many millions would they award the deceased's family?

But don't take my word for it, check out:

http://money.howstuffworks.com/8-out...its.htm#page=0

or google " frivolous lawsuits "

Never underestimate the power of a few stupid jurors.