Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Does my air conditioner need service

On Friday, July 4, 2014 9:13:54 AM UTC-4, V Ague wrote:
On 07/04/2014 09:04 AM, trader_4 wrote:

On Thursday, July 3, 2014 9:42:06 PM UTC-4, wrote:

If the humidity is high as the op said, the ac will be unable to lower the air temperature until after the humidity is reduced. So yes, it will take longer to actually lower the air temperature, but you will ***feel*** cooler as soon as the humidity is reduced.

Mark

I agree with the essence of what you wrote, but the AC will in fact

be continually lowering the air temperature as the humidity is reduced.

It's just that it takes longer, because the humid air contains more heat.