Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Whirlpool D/W model DU101SXTXS3 - grate removable?

On Friday, July 4, 2014 8:19:25 AM UTC-4, BenDarrenBach wrote:
On Thursday, July 3, 2014 10:41:20 PM UTC-5, Nelly W wrote:

On 7/3/2014 7:13 AM, Gomez wrote:

On 07/02/2014 10:11 PM, Nelly W wrote:

Are no modern dishwashers user-servicable anymore?

Most manufacturers no longer offer repair help because of liability.

Liability for what?

No, I seriously do need it spelled out for me.

Ask your question he http://forum.appliancezone.com/Default.aspx?cc=true

Any of the online kitchen appliance parts shops has diagrams
of the DWs that show how they are put together. It won't spell out
how it comes apart, but seeing the diagram is often enough to figure
it out.

It's hard to imagine that pieces of a ceramic bowl could wind up
in the pump. They have filter screens that are supposed to block anything
large enough to screw the pump/grinder. Typically you can remove
the lower arm by turning and lifting, then some plastic parts snap
out, allowing you to pull the screen, etc.

I tried that model # to try to take a look, but nothing close comes
up and I suspect it's not right.