Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default OT Which direction is your ceiling fan SUPPOSED to run?

On Thu, 03 Jul 2014 16:39:33 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

...snip....

Mine doesn't reverse, it always blows down. I don't think the blades
can be switched.

We don't have a/c, so the only time we use the fan is when it's warm
at night. Works great.

AZ housing is noted for these fans. We have eight laced throughout the
house. Three speed settings, two chains, one for fan one for light, and
always two switches on the walls for each fan, and a 'direction switch' on
the side of the housing, requires a ladder to get to that is very
intelligently mnemonic, slide up air moves UP, slide down air moves DOWN.
noiseless critters, too.