Posted to rec.woodworking
Morgans Morgans is offline

Default Long: sorta funny. Made a grinder, or, half hour job takes 5 hours

"Swingman" wrote

LOL ... You suck. Must be nice to live in a hardware store.

Yep, I'll have to suck up the "you suck." I have 225 drawers about 7x7x12
full of parts and tools of every description. Then there are the number 10
cans full of nails and screws and such. Plus I made some bigger boxes for
bigger tools. Then there are the shelves equal to more than 200 square
feet.

That's what happens when you let your stuff be totally disorganized for 25
years, and keep buying duplicate stuff because you can't find what you know
you have somewhere, then you organize and clean it all up. Plus the fact
that my dad (engineer) had a pretty complete wood and metal shop when he
passed, and his dad was a machinist by trade. I got three generations of
stuff. I have a tap holder that is home-made, and grandpa stamped his name
on it and the year he made it, which was 1911. It's the best tap holder I
have.

My son is going to love it when I give up the shop, but I already told him
to not get in too much of a hurry, if you know what I mean!
--
Jim in NC

---