Posted to alt.home.repair
BenignBodger BenignBodger is offline

Default OT Good broadband internet?

On 7/3/2014 10:20 AM, KenK wrote:
I'm looking to get rid of my slow dial-up internet connection using
Centurylink. Replace it with a broadband service needing no landline ($40 a
month). All those - cable, wireless - that I Googled have really horrible
reviews. Very poor service and quality. But, as someone said to me - 'you
only see the bad reviews'.

I'm not overly pleaaed with my landline so DSL is far down on my list. Also
because I would need to retain my landline according to their DSL ads.

Anyone have any good things to say about their or any national service?

TIA

Where are you? What is available locally? How much are you willing to
spend? How much data will you be moving? How important is absolute 24X7
reliability?

It might come down to simply buying an LTE access point if your location
has decent coverage. I have AT&T Uverse for TV, phone, and Internet and am
happy enough with it but my LTE phone on T-Mobile sends and receives data
three times as fast.