Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default OT Good broadband internet?

"Mayayana" wrote in message
..

It seems to be the same with cellphones. The small number of
carriers try to charge as much as possible while staying similar
to each other. I went around to the 4 main carriers a year or
two ago, to see about what my options were. Not one could tell
me what my actual monthly bill would be after fees and taxes, nor
did any have a copy of the actual contract. (I finally got a
Tracphone for $10, since I don't really use it very much. I now
pay $20 every 3 months for 120 minutes.)

That seems to be the biggest obstacle in comparing
services, whether phone, cable or cellphone: There seems to
be no legal requirement that these companies actually tell you
what it is you're buying. My ladyfriend just got a T-Mobile phone

I went with a company called Republic wireless for the phone.
https://republicwireless.com/

They have the smart phones tht use the Android system. For $ 10 (actually
12) a month I get unlimiated talk and text and WIFI connection to the
internet. If I want more I can switch plans twice a month. The phone is
somewhat expensive, but probably not for the smart phone. Anywhere from
about $ 150 to $ 200 for the phones.

I need to find a way to cut the cable , but my wife is so electronic
chanaleged that she has a hard time working the basic cable TV remote/
Two months ago I got my own cable modem and the last bill was about $ 8
higher than before. They went up a dollar or two on some of the services.