Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Does my air conditioner need service

On 07/03/2014 07:10 AM, Rebel1 wrote:
Last night I returned home from a month long vacation. Outside
temperature was about 90, and the humidity was very high. I turned the
a/c on and set the thermostat to 68 degrees. The a/c ran for at least
four hours, and the place felt much cooler, but the temperature was
still at least 74 degrees. I'm sure it felt cool because the humidity
was lower, but the temperature didn't fall.

snip

If it was 90 degrees and your A/C brought your house to 74 degrees it
makes no sense that you stated "the temperature didn't fall".

Since your A/C only took 4 hours to drop the temperature 16 degrees it
looks like it's working...but it certainly would not hurt to have an
expert do the routine maintenance it undoubtedly needs.