Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Safety Tempered glass = "toughened"?

On 03/07/14 11:03, Bob H wrote:

I suppose both types have their pros and cons.
When I worked for a well known Double Glazing Company, I was shown how
easy it was to break a toughened glass pane. That is why we have
laminated panes on the outside, and toughened panes on the inside of our
doors etc.

In some ways, I prefer "easy to break" as it means better/quicker entry
by firemen or exit by us if the door jams or someone's locked the
mortice (we try not to do that when in).

Automatic centre punches are supposed to be rather effective!

Burglars don't tend to break windows (unless very small and single
glazed) as it makes too much noise.

If the zombie hordes really want in, not a lot will stop them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNIrSxRurco