Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Safety Tempered glass = "toughened"?

I would go to a glazier and explain what you have and ask for something
compliant with latest regs. No, I don't think you are fussing AT ALL.

Building regs are - apart from eco and disability tampering - very very
sane attempts to get good safety and building practice instilled. It
only takes on mistake and kids are scarred for life.

I totally agree - I try to move towards BR compliant even if I don't
*have* to, if there's a good safety case (like this).

However, the biggest problem around here seems to be finding a glazier
at all.

All I've found are uPVC jockeys with very little expertise in anything else.