Posted to uk.d-i-y
JimK[_3_] JimK[_3_] is offline

Default Safety Tempered glass = "toughened"?

On Thursday, 3 July 2014 09:03:37 UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:

snip

Old doors - just want to address any issues as I have kids...

The front door (even older) has a lower and an upper pane of plain glass
- damn sure that's not toughened. But with that I could mitigate by
fitting a pretty (relatively) decorative wire mesh over the inside.

Or reglaze it

or get some of that clear self adhesive safety film that you can stick to inner face to "turn it into" laminated styley while you get a tuit?

Cheers
Jim K