Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Safety Tempered glass = "toughened"?

While I'm looking at all the glass, does the kitemark and wordss in the
bottom right of the glass he

https://www.flickr.com/photos/timjwa...19745/sizes/o/

"Safety Tempered"

mean what I understand by "Toughened Glass" - ie Building Regs compliant
for 800mm off the floor and the stuff that breaks into cubes?

Old doors - just want to address any issues as I have kids...

The front door (even older) has a lower and an upper pane of plain glass
- damn sure that's not toughened. But with that I could mitigate by
fitting a pretty (relatively) decorative wire mesh over the inside.

Or reglaze it - in which case it would be a perfect candidate for a
panel of that new Pilkington vacuum double glazing as it will be the
only single glazing left in the house...

You might think I'm fussing - but we had a nasty case of another kid in
the village feel through some annealed glass (greenhouse type thin to be
fair) but got a VERY bad cut up arm. Did not occur to me to check but
now I have, it would be sensible to remedy or mitigate...