Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Palm ratchet with one flat side?

On Wednesday, July 2, 2014 7:48:21 AM UTC-7, John Doe wrote:
DTJ jkl zkf.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg

I need something like that. It's $38. Those are for 10 mm and

13 mm nuts. Could be larger. I don't need a directional switch.

Can you point me to other examples of those palm ratchets with

one flat side?

Any special names for that type of palm ratchet?

Thanks.

Try a google image search & look for one the resembles what you

want?

I use several sources for searching, including images. I've looked

at a jillion images. The linked image product appears to be one of

a kind. One version is available from the UK "Sealey AK6959".

Other versions appear to be imported to the United States "VIM

VIM-FR100" "LASER 5433". The Sealey version is described as

"hardened and tempered Chrome Vanadium steel". The VIM version is

described as "heat treated alloy steel, with bright chrome

plating". They all come in the same looking case with different

engraving on the palm ratchets. Seems there is no high definition

picture of the VIM-FR100.

I ordered the less expensive VIM VIM-FR100. I will check to see if

it has the same number of ratchet teeth (72).

For the record... I have learned other names for "palm ratchet"...

"thumb ratchet" "finger ratchet".

I guess the one pointed to in the link might be described as a

"palm socket", apparently one-of-a-kind.

Don't know if this will work for you. I've had a set for years. Never had a problem. I'm not big on buying from Garbage Freight like Mark Wieber and his clique of idiots are. I prefer US made tools and don't mind paying extra:

http://www.chapmanmfg.com/MasterKit.html