Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics
Mike Perkins Mike Perkins is offline

Default Video DC Restorer

On 02/07/2014 20:36, Jim Thompson wrote:
Just did a video DC restorer function (in CMOS) for a UTC camera chip,
and realized that it would be trivial to do the same function with
bipolar discrete devices.

On the S.E.D/Schematics page of my website check out...

Video_Restorer_Discrete_NPNs.png

...Jim Thompson

I have used a similar idea before, but its general usefulness is limited
by the black level being dependent on the sync height, and to a small
extent, the average video level.

I'm surprised, given this video signal is of known origin, why would you
need such a circuit? Plus you can hardly integrate the 100nF on the CMOS.

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd