Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default ooo...ooo...ooo...a new toy in Sketchup

On 7/2/2014 8:03 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 7/2/2014 7:15 AM, Leon wrote:
Edward A. Falk wrote:

Another trick is to make walls opaque on one side, and transparent on
the other, so you can look into the room from any viewpoint.

http://www.efalk.org/Bath/bigs/bathroom5a.png.html

Cool! I discovered making surfaces transparent on one dude and
opaque on
the other when designing our new entertainment nook in our home. I have a
model of our whole house and seeing through some of the walls in certain
instances is very helpful.

I just use one for the entire wall, the "Translucent_Glass_Gray" in the
"Translucent" Materials category:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...3?noredirect=1

FWIW you can make "ANY" material transparent and to any degree of
transparancy. You don't have to hunt down the transparent samples and
use just those.

BYPAKT Whut?