Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Need help identifying & locating moulding

On 7/2/2014 11:42 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
wrote in :

http://www.truittandwhite.com/~truit...lding_and_add-

web.pdf

http://www.dykeslumber.com/wp-conten...es%20Moulding%

20Catalog%202012.pdf

http://www.curtislumber.com/pdf/mouldingcatalog.pdf

There are many others available as well...I've not searched inside any
of these for your specific brick-mould but wouldn't be surprised if you
look extensively you'd find something pretty close.

I have been looking extensively, including at all three of those sites, without finding anything
that matches closely enough to avoid needing to replace the entire gable. :-(

Well, they are probably at least another 10 or more besides those
online; never meant that to be an exhaustive list.

Or, go to a local small mill shop and see if they'll custom-run it for
you if it's that important to actually match. Then again, for only such
a small run they'll probably want enough of a set-up fee that it'll not
be worth it.

Alternatively, given the size you might have reasonable luck in getting
close looking at casing profiles and then getting the thickness by
gluing to a solid backer section instead of looking for the full brick
mould. Using a polyurethane or resorcinol glue or epoxy will give
plenty of weather resistance; likely in a gable area with good
primer/paint even TB-III would work but for this purpose I'd go w/ one
of the former instead.