Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default ooo...ooo...ooo...a new toy in Sketchup

"Edward A. Falk" wrote in message

Another trick is to make walls opaque on one side, and transparent on
the other, so you can look into the room from any viewpoint.

Agreed. Here's another someone may find useful...

I often make fairly detailed notes/instructions about a project. Sketchup's
built in text things are useful but aren't really up to what I need for the
aforementioned. My solution is to use a document program to write what I
want, format it as desired - complete with underlining, colors, etc - and
make a screen shot of it, saving the SS as a jpeg. I then import that jpeg
into SketchUp and use it as a "material" on a prepared surface, adjusting
the fit either by scaling the surface or editing the length/width of the new
material. Stick the surface into an "Instruction" layer and all is well

--

dadiOH