Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Need help identifying & locating moulding

On 7/2/2014 6:09 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:lp0n16$a5e$1@dont-
email.me:

Puckdropper wrote:
I'm sure someone will have a name if I describe what I'm thinking of.
A piece of metal is filed to the profile desired and then scraped
along the wood to reveal the exact profile you're looking for.

Doug is handy enough (if I recall properly...) that it would not surprise me
to see him report that he did this at some point.

Thanks, Mike, yes, I have done that before. Not real keen on trying to produce thirteen feet of
moulding this way, though...

Looks like I'll probably have to suck it up and replace all 34 feet on that gable end. :-(

And might this be an exterior application? You will want to use a
weather resistant material and probably painted on all four sides if so.