Colin M

Default CH System - what is this gate valve for?

P.S. Why did you replace your condensing boiler with a less efficient one?

Christian

I had a Potterton Envoy that was installed by the builder when the house was
new 6 years ago. Problems began six months down the line and after the
warranty ran out, I tried to get a BG service contract (yes I know!), but BG
condemned the boiler and confirmed in writing that they would not take on a
contract.

Maintenance costs were horrific with boiler chamber seals apparently being a
routine service item!

As I travel a lot, it was becoming very inconvenient coming home to a frozen
house as the boiler had shut down days ago and so I swapped it for a
standard Potterton Profile almost 3 years ago. My gas bill might be slightly
higher, but my house has been warm since and I am practising the no service
money saving tactic. The boiler was around £500 from B&G, about £100 to my
CORGI mate to fit it and no costs since. If it lasts another year, I will
have broken even on running costs compared to the condensing heap of junk I
threw out.

Colin M