Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_15_] SteveB[_15_] is offline

Default Mouse traps

On 6/28/2014 2:10 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
KenK wrote in :

I'm not having much success luring poor innocent mice into my cruel old-
fashioned mousetrap with a trigger and spring-loaded bale. I've tried raw
bacon for bail with slight success, peanut butter with none. I've tried a
newer trap that lets them in but not out. Worked once over many years.

Mice are, by nature, herbivores, so one should not expect much success with bacon. And they
can lick peanut butter off without springing the trap.

Try a raisin. Mash it onto the bait pan, don't just lay it there. Mice cannot tug it off of the bait pan
without springing the trap. My success rate using raisins for bait is 100%.

Superglue as many popcorn kernels as you can get on the trip pad. They
stay on a very long time.

Steve