Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sanding parts in a "corral": Seems to work OK so far (Video link)

"Greg Guarino" wrote in message
Per the advice I got here, I decided to use three sanders - one for each
grit - to sand the many small parts of my current project.

Per my own stubbornness, I ignored several suggestions for how to
immobilize groups of pieces for sanding and went with my own idea; a
four-sided "corral" made of thinner stock than the pieces to be sanded.

It's working pretty well so far, especially after I made a small tweak on
the second run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrc0...ature=youtu.be

---
protection is active.

The corral and wedges method works for me too. I do quick and dirty cheap
awards plaques on the little CNC router using a similar method, only I route
out a pocket to hold the plaques from sacrificial MDF. I'll set up to do
one task, like round over the edges. I can unwedge, swap, and rewedge
pretty quickly. Rounding over the edges on dozens of plaques per hour
easily. Then I go through and repeat for the common engraving like
organization, logo, year, etc. Then finally go through them again with the
individual personalized stuff.

I had never thought of using it for sanding like you did, but it makes
sense. I bet it improved your efficiency by an order of magnitude.