Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default replacing plywood bed to small trailer

On Tuesday, July 1, 2014 7:52:47 AM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
nestork wrote:

DerbyDad03;3254194 Wrote:

Sidestep the "problem" now and make it all the more difficult to do

again

in the future.

Well, I figure that you can always remove plastic roofing cement or

acrylic caulk. But, you can never remove the holes drilled through the

trailer frame.

Why would I want to? There are already holes in the trailer from the

original screws. I'm suggesting enlarging the holes, marking the plywood

through the holes and then using carriage bolts.

I think that is better than trying to use the holes apparently formed by

the self taping screws. Hitting those threads with new screws sounds more

risky than using bolts. The bolts will allow for multiple deck replacements

with relatively little effort.

carriage bolts are definetely the better way...

wonder if these a material like decking that wouldnt detoriate over time?