Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Titebond II followup

On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 22:52:45 -0500, Leon wrote:

Titebond III, Titebond Extend and Titebond II Extend Wood Glues all
contain large particles to allow for longer open and assembly times.
These products can settle and it is recommended to mix well before each
use.

Strange that they didn't mention any such thing to me. And the bottle
says only "if thickened, shake vigorously ...". Nothing about it being
thin. And your contact didn't mention freezing.

Also, as I'm a hobby woodworker with other hobbies, a bottle of glue
sometimes lasts me for 2-3 years. I've never found any settling or
clumping at the bottom. And they told you there'd been no change where
my contact said they'd changed the filler.

I'm beginning to suspect they're pulling these responses out of a hat.