Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Titebond II followup

On 7/1/2014 9:25 AM, Mr.E wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jul 2014 13:41:06 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in news:3smdnXoPg-
:

On 7/1/2014 5:46 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
I wonder if inverting the bottle once a month would help -- store it right side up this month,
upside down next month, and so on. Something of a nuisance, I know, but seemingly less
a nuisance than mixing it with a stick.

I was wondering the same. I think ultimately it will need to be mixed.
Inverting might only move the "blob" from one end to the other.

I think that depends on the rate at which the large particles settle, and the frequency with
which the bottle is inverted -- perhaps Titebond could be persuaded to conduct some
testing.

Certainly if you don't invert it often enough, you'll wind up just moving the blob from one end
to the other. There must be some inversion frequency, though, that prevents the blob from
forming in the first place. My guess is that daily is more often than necessary but monthly
might not be often enough. The only way to determine this is through experiment.

I guess there is always gorilla glue.

The problem with Gorilla glue, the similar white kind, is that it does
not have an extended open time like the TB Extend products. FWIW the
white Gorilla glue is excellent and compares favorably to TB, TBII, and
TB III products. Actually the "regular open time" TB products do not
exhibit this symptom.