Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn[_2_] jo4hn[_2_] is offline

Default Titebond II followup

On 7/1/2014 5:10 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/1/2014 6:46 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

I just exchanged e-mails with the TiteBond guys too.

[...]

Titebond III, Titebond Extend and Titebond II Extend Wood Glues all
contain large particles to allow for longer open and assembly times.
These products can settle and it is recommended to mix well before each
use. Mixing must be done mechanically (i.e. with a stick) as tapping or
shaking the bottle will not affect mixing of these high viscosity wood
glues. Without mixing, the benefit of the larger particles will be lost
and use of the un-extended versions may be better for your use.

I wonder if inverting the bottle once a month would help -- store it
right side up this month,
upside down next month, and so on. Something of a nuisance, I know,
but seemingly less of
a nuisance than mixing it with a stick.

Keep the bottle in the bathroom. Brush teeth, flip bottle.

But then, having somehow aged overnight, I have to work out some way of
keeping the toothbrush only for the toothpaste.
grumble,
jo4hn