Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

On 6/30/2014 11:38 PM, DannyD. wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote, on Sun, 29 Jun 2014 15:07:43 -0400:

Is the other end of the rope tied onto a float?

Yes. This is not "my" tank, it's a neighbor's tank, but we looked
at his tank today and realized he was being shorted by 1,000 gallons,
so, we lifted the float, and his tank started gushing out.

Here's the lifted float:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2927/1...a6655fcc_b.jpg

And, here's the water flow (way better than mine!):
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5480/1...0794c170_c.jpg

Compare that float and water flow with this neighbor's float:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3922/1...d8bfb91b_b.jpg

And, when we lifted his float, this was the water flow:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2917/1...1a6279c6_c.jpg

Of course, lifting the float on this 20K gallon cistern didn't do
anything, so, we found out that one residence water supply had
a problem for firefighting (their water was the dribbling float):
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3911/1...987f1802_c.jpg

Seeing as how you're having trouble with flow,
duration, and interruption. Do you maybe have
trouble with your prostate?

--
..
Christopher A. Young