Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Looking at buying a RAS

Puckdropper wrote:

I'm looking at buying a used DeWalt RAS. It's definately quite old,
but those DeWalts have a reputation for top quality.

snip

I don't know what model it is. The seller didn't get a clear shot
of the
model/info label, and hasn't sent me that information. It's a 9"
model,
looks to be pre-AMF:

http://peoria.craigslist.org/tls/4512837082.html

I think it's either a GS or MBF, but that's only from looking at
pictures
on vintagemachinery.org.

The project I have in mind is cutting decorative dados in 4x4s for a
deck. It's a hassle to do it on the table saw (with a sled), so I
figured for the $100 or so a RAS sells for around here I could make
that
part of the project much easier. You couldn't rent one for that.

First things I would want to know is there enough threaded arbor
to accept an 8" stacked dado set?

Are there adequate clearances to accept an 8" stacked dado set?

Lew