Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Titebond II followup

A while back I posted that my latest bottle of T3 was whiter5 and runnier
than the last one. I wrote Titebond and they said the color was due to a
different filler and the lower viscosity was probably due to it having
been frozen in transit.

They sent me another bottle so I could try one that hadn't been exposed
to cold weather. If there was a difference in the viscosity I couldn't
detect it. I guess the new stuff is just a little thinner - maybe due to
the new finer filler.

Still works fine - just have to be a little more aware of possible runs.

I have a habit of finishing first, dry clamping, applying paste wax along
the glue line, un-clamping, applying glue, and re-clamping. So runs are
not difficult to remove. But if you glue up before finishing, you might
want to use T2 instead of T3.